Excel MINUTE Function (Examples + Video)
When to use Excel MINUTE Function
Excel MINUTE function can be used when you want to get the MINUTE integer value from a specified time value.
What it Returns
It returns a value between 0 and 59 depending on the time value used as the input.
- serial_number – The value that contains the time that needs to be determined.
The arguments can be provided in different formats:
As a serial number: The integer part of the serial number represents the date and the decimal portion represents time (remember excel stores date and time as serial numbers).
If you provide 41640.78125 as the serial number, it would return 45 (as the decimal portion 0.78125 represents 18 hours and 45 minutes).
As text: =MINUTE(“41640.78125”) would return 45.
- As a result of some other formula. For example, =MINUTE(TIMEVALUE(“6:45 PM”)) would return 45.
Excel MINUTE Function – Live Examples
Excel MINUTE Function – Video
Related Excel Functions:
You May Also Like the Following Excel Tutorials:
- Excel Timesheet Calculator Template.
- How to Insert Date and Timestamp in Excel.
- Excel Timesheet Calculator template.
- Excel Calendar Template.