Want to learn Excel VBA? You’re at the right place.
Here you’ll find a collection of useful VBA tips and tutorials that will help you understand the concepts and VBA and how to use these to automate your work in Excel.
All the VBA tips & tutorials are covered in detail with supporting images and a video (in most cases).
If you’re a beginner in VBA, I recommend you start with the Learn VBA section first. It covers VBA concepts (basics & advanced) in detail and will give you a good foundation.
After the Learn VBA section, I have created a section where I have listed useful VBA tips that uses these concepts to automate repetitive tasks or create a useful function to do things that you otherwise can not do in Excel.
Learn Excel VBA (Detailed Guides with Examples)
In this section, I have provided detailed guides on several VBA topics.
Each guide starts from the basics and covers the entire topic comprehensively. It uses simple examples that will help you grasp the concepts and understand how to use it in real-life cases.
I continually update this section with new VBA guides.
- How to Record a Macro in Excel – A Step by Step Guide
- Visual Basic Editor (Complete Overview)
- How to Assign a Macro to a Button/Shape in Excel
- Working with Cells and Ranges in Excel VBA (Select, Copy, Move, Edit)
- Working with Worksheets using Excel VBA (Explained with Examples)
- Using Workbook Object in Excel VBA (Open, Close, Save, Set)
Understanding Excel VBA Data Types (Variables and Constants)
- Excel VBA Loops – For Next, Do While, Do Until, For Each (with Examples)
- If Then Else Statement in Excel VBA (explained with examples)
- For Next Loop in Excel VBA – A Beginner’s Guide with Examples
- Select Case Statement in Excel VBA.
- Creating User Defined Functions in VBA – The Ultimate Guide
- Excel VBA MsgBox
- Excel VBA Error Handling
- How to Run a Macro in Excel
- How to Create and Use an Excel Add-in
- Excel Personal Macro Workbook | Save & Use Macros in All Workbooks
- Excel VBA Events – An Easy (and Complete) Guide
- Excel VBA Immediate Window
- Excel VBA Autofilter
- Excel VBA FileSystemObject (FSO)
- Excel VBA InStr Function – Explained with Examples
- Excel VBA SPLIT Function – Explained with Examples
Want to quickly learn VBA and save time by automating tasks in Excel? Check out my Online Excel VBA Training.
Excel VBA Tips & Tutorials (How-Tos)
This section provides various VBA tips and tutorials that you can use to automate your work in Excel.
These are usually focused on getting a specific task done (such as highlighting blank cells or inserting date and timestamps). The tutorials use a lot of the concepts covered in the previous section.
As I write more How-to VBA tips, I will add them to the list below.
- How to Select Every Third Row in Excel (or select every Nth Row)
- 24 Useful Excel Macro Examples for VBA Beginners (Ready-to-use)
- How to Highlight Blank Cells in Excel (in less than 10 seconds)
- How to Quickly Insert Date and Timestamp in Excel
- How to Count Colored Cells in Excel – A Step by Step Tutorial + Video
- How to Filter Cells with Bold Font Formatting in Excel (An Easy Guide)
- How to Make Multiple Selections in a Drop Down List in Excel
- How to Filter Cells that have Duplicate Text Strings (Words) in it
- [Quick Tip] How to Select 500 cells/rows in Excel (with a single click)
- How to Quickly Remove Hyperlinks from a Worksheet in Excel
- Get the List of File Names from a Folder in Excel (with and without VBA)
- How to Sort Data in Excel using VBA (A Step-by-Step Guide)
- Sort Worksheets in Excel (in alphabetical order)
- How to Hide a Worksheet in Excel (that can not be unhidden)
- Extract Numbers from String in Excel
- Highlight the Active Row and Column in a Data Range in Excel
- How to Convert Excel to PDF Using VBA
- How to Add Leading Zeroes in Excel
- How to Combine Multiple Excel Files into One Excel Workbook
- Delete Blank Rows in Excel (with and without VBA)
- Get a List of All the Comments in a Worksheet in Excel
- How to Create a Stopwatch in Excel (Basic + ToastMasters Style)
- Quickly Generate Military Alphabet Code for a Word in Excel
- Matrix Falling Numbers Effect in Excel using VBA
- Dynamic Charting – Highlight Data Points in Excel with a Click of a Button
- Adjust Scroll Bar Maximum Value based on a Cell Value in Excel
- Quickly Create Summary Worksheet with Hyperlinks in Excel
- Get Multiple Lookup Values in a Single Cell (With & Without Repetition)
- Unhide Sheets in Excel (All in on go)
- Split Each Excel Sheet Into Separate Files
- How to Delete Entire Row in Excel Using VBA
- How to Delete All Hidden Rows and Columns in Excel
- How to Delete Sheets in Excel (Shortcuts + VBA)
- Using Active Cell in VBA in Excel (Examples)
- How to Open Excel Files Using VBA (Examples)