Excel SUMPRODUCT Function (Example + Video)
When to use Excel SUMPRODUCT Function
SUMPRODUCT function can be used when you want to first multiply two or more sets to arrays and then get its sum.
What it Returns
It returns a number that represents the sum of the product of two or more arrays.
=SUMPRODUCT(array1, [array2], [array3], …)
- array1 – The first array argument whose components you want to multiply and then add.
- [array 2] – (optional) Second array arguments whose components you want to multiply and then add. There can be a maximum of up to 255 arrays that can be used in SUMPRODUCT function.
- The size of all the arrays must be the same.
- Non-numeric entries are treated as 0.
Excel SUMPRODUCT Function – Live Example
Excel SUMPRODUCT Function – Video Tutorial
Related Excel Functions:
- Excel AVERAGE Function.
- Excel AVERAGEIF Function.
- Excel AVERAGEIFS Function.
- Excel SUM Function.
- Excel SUMIF Function.
- Excel SUMIFS Function.
You May Also Like the Following Excel Tutorials: