Excel SUMIFS Function (Example + Video)
When to use Excel SUMIFS Function
SUMIFS function can be used when you want to add the values in a range if multiple specified criteria are met.
What it Returns
It returns a number that represents the sum of all the numbers for which the specified criteria are met.
=SUMIFS(sum_range, criteria_range1, criteria1, [criteria_range2, criteria2], …)
- range – the range of cells against which the criteria is evaluated. It could be numbers, text, arrays, or references that contain numbers. Blank and text values are ignored.
- criteria – the criteria that is checked against the range and determines which cells to add.
- sum_range – (optional) the cells to add. If this argument is omitted, it uses range as the sum_range.
- [criteria_range2] – (optional) the range of cells against which the criteria2 is evaluated.
- criteria2 – the criteria that is checked against the criteria_range2 and determines which cells to add.
- Adds values based on multiple criteria.
- Blanks and/or text in sum_range are ignored.
- Criteria could be a number, expression, cell reference, text, or a formula.
- Criteria which are text or mathematical/logical symbols (such as =,+,-,/,*) should be in double quotes.
- Wildcard characters can be used in criteria.
- Criteria should not be longer than 255 characters.
- Cells in sum_range are added only when all the conditions are met.
- Cells in the sum_range argument that contain TRUE evaluate to 1; cells in sum_range that contain FALSE evaluate to 0 (zero).
- Size of sum_range and all the criteria_range must be equal.
Excel SUMIFS Function – Live Example
Excel SUMIFS Function – Video Tutorial
Related Excel Functions:
- Excel AVERAGE Function.
- Excel AVERAGEIF Function.
- Excel AVERAGEIFS Function.
- Excel SUM Function.
- Excel SUMIF Function.
- Excel SUMPRODUCT Function.
Related Excel Tutorials:
2 thoughts on “How to Use Excel SUMIFS Function (Examples + Video)”
How to add values when criteria is date, suppose that we have value in order of dd-mm-yyyy and we want to add only a particular months value.please help me
HOW TO SUM PARTICULAR CELL COLOR IN EXCEL SHEET
Comments are closed.