Watch Video – Insert Picture in Excel Comment
In some cases, you may want to insert a picture in Excel comment boxes.
For example, if you have a list of products, then inserting product images in the comment box could make your Excel sheet easy to use.
As soon as the user would hover the mouse over a cell that has a comment, it would show the comment and the picture within it.
I used this trick when I had a list of countries and I wanted to insert flag image for each country in the cell comment.
Something as shown below:
It’s such a simple trick; yet impresses big time!!
Insert a Picture in Excel Comment
Here are the steps to insert a picture in Excel Comment:
- In the worksheet, select the cell in which you want to insert the comment.
- Right-click on the cell and select Insert Comment. This will insert a comment in the cell.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut – Shift + F2.
- (Optional Step) Delete the default username from the comment. If you don’t delete the existing text in the comment, it will display the text over the picture.
- Hover the cursor on the edges of the comment. You would notice that the cursor turns into a four arrow icon. Right-click and click on the ‘Format Comment…’ option.
- This will open the Format Comment dialogue box.
- In the format comment dialogue box, select the ‘Color and Lines’ tab.
- In the Color Drop down menu select ‘Fill Effects’.
- In ‘Fill Effects’ dialogue box, select ‘Picture’ tab and click on ‘Select Picture’ button below the Picture box.
- Browse and select the picture you want in the comment.
- Click OK.
Now when you hover over the cell, the picture would be displayed in your comment.
Amazing, isn’t it!!!
Note: This technique involves a bit of manual work. You need to follow the above steps for each cell where you want to insert a picture in the comment.
You May Also Like the Following Excel Tutorials: