If you are addicted to using the Excel Quick Access toolbar (QAT), this tip is for you.
As you add many icons to the Excel QAT, there is also a way to group related icons together. Here is a snapshot of my Quick Access Toolbar:
These vertical line separators can be used to group similar icons together. For example, here I have all the object alignment icons together. Similarly, I have the data related icons (data validation and sorting) together at the end.
Creating Groups in Quick Access Toolbar
- Right-click on the QAT icons and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar..
- In the Excel Option dialogue box, there are 2 sections. On the left, you have all the icons that can be added to QAT, and on the right, you have existing QAT icons. To add a separator, click on <Separator> and then click Add. You can then set the position of the Separator by using the up and down arrow keys.
- Click Ok. That’s it. Now your QAT icons would be separated by a grey vertical line (which gives an illusion that you have created groups).
You May Also like the Following Excel Tutorials:
- Free Excel Templates.
- 200+ Excel Keyboard Shortcuts.
- 70+ Excel Functions (Examples and Videos).
- 100+ Excel Interview Questions + Answers.