Excel COUNTBLANK Function (Example + Video)
When to use Excel COUNTBLANK Function
COUNTBALNK function can be used when you have to count all the empty cells in a range.
What it Returns
It returns a number that represents the number of cells that are empty.
- range – it is the range in which you want to count the blank cells.
- Cells with formulas that return “” (empty text) are considered blank and are counted.
- Cells that contain, text, numbers, errors, etc. are not counted.
- Cells that contain zero are considered not blank and will not be counted.
Excel COUNTBLANK Function – Live Example
Related Excel Functions:
You May Also Like the Following Tutorials:
- Count Unique Values in Excel Using COUNTIF Function.
- Using Multiple Criteria in Excel COUNTIF and COUNTIFS Function
- How to Count Cells that Contain Text Strings.