A lot of times we need to make a copy of a worksheet in Excel.
Maybe you want to create a back-up worksheet, or you want to create a new worksheet but don’t want to redo the formatting.
The long (and inefficient) way is:
- Right-click on the worksheet tab for which you want to create a copy.
- Select the Move or Copy option.
- Check the “Create a Copy” check box.
- Click OK.
This will create a copy of the worksheet.
While this is a perfectly fine way to copy a worksheet in Excel, it’s not the most efficient way of doing this.
In this tutorial, I will show you a super quick and efficient way to copy a worksheet in Excel.
How to Copy a Worksheet in Excel
Here are the steps:
- Activate the worksheet for which you want to make a copy.
- Press the Control Key from the keyboard.
- Left-click on the worksheet tab (a plus sign icon in a worksheet would appear).
- While still holding the Control key and the Left button of the mouse, drag mouse icon to the right.
- Leave the mouse Left-button followed by the Control Key.
This would create a copy of the worksheet:
Note: If you want to have the copy of the worksheet appear to the left of the original worksheet, drag the mouse to the left side.
You May Also Like the Following Excel Tutorials