Excel REPLACE Function (Example + Video)
When to use Excel REPLACE Function
REPLACE function can be used when you want to replace a part of text string with another string.
What it Returns
It returns a text string where a part of the text has been replaced by the specified string.
=REPLACE(old_text, start_num, num_chars, new_text)
- old_text – the text you want to replace.
- start_num – the starting position from where the search should begin.
- num_chars – the number of characters to replace.
- new_text – the new text that should replace the old_text.
- Start Number and Number of Characters can not be negative.
Excel REPLACE Function – Live Example
Excel REPLACE Function – Video Tutorial
Related Excel Functions:
- Excel FIND Function.
- Excel LOWER Function.
- Excel UPPER Function.
- Excel PROPER Function.
- Excel SEARCH Function.
- Excel SUBSTITUTE Function.